I. Position Summary:
The Materials Coordinator’s main responsibilities are inventory audits, shipping/receiving products, parts and materials, verifying orders, and assisting Quality Assurance with samples and products on hold. This includes, but is not limited to, shipping, receiving, cycle counts, reviewing all documentation for completeness and accuracy, enforcing all policies and procedures, and overseeing the organization of the warehouse.
II. Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Prepare and issue kits to the Manufacturing floor. Organize and prioritize as needed to keep manufacturing running efficiently.
- Audit Production Orders for accuracy on materials, and returns from production.
- Receive shipments, parts and materials, and monitor the receiving of raw materials to ensure mandatory receiving procedures are followed. This includes correctly entering receipts into the inventory control computer program.
- Enforce proper procedures for non-conforming parts; assist in the maintenance of the MRB area.
- Act as a backup to shipping clerk: properly package, prepare and schedule various outbound shipments especially of products to customers by the agreed upon ship dates, with accuracy of parts to include, documentation and ensuring packaging integrity.
- Perform cycle counts as determined by Management and maintain accuracy of cycle count data and reporting.
- Research any inventory related issues, resolve inaccuracies and set processes in place to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Regularly check receipts to verify accuracy of counts.
- Publish data reports determined by management (i.e. aging, WIP reconciliation, and transaction reports).
- Assist in the development of new procedures to improve warehouse operations.
- Review all logs and documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Perform other duties as required.
III. Key Competencies/Skills:
- Minimum five (5) years of Inventory Control/Material Handler experience from a manufacturing environment or related experience. Medical device manufacturing experience preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of bill of materials (BOM) and revision controls.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with regulated or medical device product documentation desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to organize vast amounts of data and research inaccuracies with a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task several priorities and possess solid time management skills.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials management and procurement is required.
- Proactive self-starter with an ability to work independently as well as collaborating with others to deliver materials to manufacturing and products to customers.
- Basic shipping, receiving, packaging and accounting practices knowledge.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs and work standing/moving for long periods of time.
- Computer proficiency in standard office equipment and software packages specifically Microsoft Office suite, along with any specific materials, quality and inventory tracking applications.
- Some negotiation and influencing skills desired.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Charlie Wu at firstname.lastname@example.org