Careers at Ekso
Building products to help humans as one team.
At Ekso Bionics, we work as one collaborative team. Eliminating silos and promoting transparency, we recognise how every member of Team Ekso plays into supporting our mission.
We have started groups like the Fun & Culture Committee and Diversity & Inclusion group, do weekly activities like virtual quizzes, and host monthly barbecues at our dog-friendly waterfront headquarters in the SF Bay Area. With a partially-distributed workforce, Team Ekso spans across the US, Europe, and Asia.
We use technology to empower human mobility.
Our mission is to amplify human motion by enhancing strength, endurance, and mobility across medical and industrial applications with advanced robotics.
I. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Technical Services Manager will be responsible for developing and managing the global technical service model for Ekso Bionics’ exoskeleton products. Included in this, the Technical Services Manager will be expected to provide technical oversight direction for an in-house and partner-based technical service team. The position will be specifically measured against the ability to deliver against contractual obligations and demonstrable improvements to system performance, reliability and lifecycle costs resulting in a positive impact on the financial performance of the team. This person will also be responsible for managing the Service P&L.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop the global Technical Service model to provide technical service and support to our customer globally. This could include developing both in-house capabilities and relationships with 3rd party technical service partners.
- Develop and manage the business processes required to support the service model.
- Develop and standardize troubleshooting and technical service procedures to improve efficiency of Technical Services team.
- Develop and maintain technical service documentation and training programs such that new technical service technicians and partners can quickly become productive.
- Manage the internal team of technical service technicians and engineering.
- Manage all 3rd party relationships related to technical service and manage all activity between Ekso Bionics and those 3rd party service partners.
- Manage the loaner fleet which is used to provide customers access to the product while units are being serviced.
- Develop tools and analyses to review technical service history to guide future product and service offerings and improvements.
- Train appropriate personnel on Ekso’s procedure for servicing product.
- Manage the global service P&L.
III. POSITION SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
A. Job-related knowledge:
- 5 years related experience in Technical Service and / or training of complex electro-mechanical devices, ideally in the medical device industry.
- 1 year of experience at the managerial level or equivalent experience developing processes and overseeing teams.
- Familiarity with FDA quality processes desired including ISO 13485.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all operational levels of the organization as well as with suppliers and customers, exercising appropriate tact and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to present results and future plans to other stakeholders (customers, partners, etc).
- Ability to build, coach and motivate a high-performance technical team, while holding the team accountable for results.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines.
B. Intellectual, creative and/or communication abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and have strong team building skills.
- Self-Starter; Organized; Problem-Solving; Detail-Oriented; Administrative
C. Education, licenses, and/or certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or similar discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess a valid US driver’s license or passport, legal US work status.
- Must be able to wear and operate Ekso Bionics products safely.
- Must be process oriented and always seek to constantly improvement work processes.
- Must have strong data analysis capability and be able to formulate logical, data-driven arguments to support and drive decisions.
- Must have strong computer skills and be very competent in systems and tools such as ERP systems, Excel and simple programming, and be eager to learn new systems as needed to effectively do the job.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Bob Skidmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Account Manager role at Ekso Bionics plays a critical role in driving our sales strategy, delivering on key financial targets, and partnering with customers to deliver best-in-class experiences. This is hybrid role that involves inside sales, digital selling as well as field sales depending on the territory and market. The ideal candidate for this role embraces an ambitious, consultative and agile mindset, strategically utilizes internal resources and technology to help solve customer challenges, a storyteller who can deliver customer communication in both virtual and non-virtual formats and has a strong financial and operational acumen. This individual has had a proven track record of sales success. The Account Manager will leverage their experience to provide solutions while at the same time focusing on what matters most: adding customer value and achieving overall sales goals, growth and profitability objectives. The majority of the sales role will be a combination of face to face and virtual selling to key end user segments to achieve sales goals.
II. Key Accountabilities:
- The use of prospecting skills to identify large end users and end user markets
- Proactively uses digital technology (video, AI, and social media, etc.) platforms to identify leads and business opportunities, build relationships, and represent Ekso’s brand
- Leads from marketing generated campaigns
- Regularly engages existing targeted end user customers to understand their business needs and identify buying behavior/value drivers in order to best position current and new products and solutions.
- Engages targeted segment customers to understand their business needs/drivers and executes activities to support those needs.
- Utilizes end user marketing insights, digital prospecting techniques, and centrally developed lead campaigns to generate opportunities and close new business
- Builds and drives end user solutions to always maximize the customer’s experience while keeping revenue in focus
- Executes annual business plans to help maximize top-line and bottom-line growth and achieves volume, market share and profit/contribution objectives
- Maintains an active and accurate pipeline in our CRM and meets sales financial and activity targets for respective position
- Continually improves selling / prospecting skills (e.g., Challenger) and develops expertise in relevant industry verticals.
- On-site demo and training of Ekso Bionics Products
III. Key Competencies/Skills:
- Professional, Consultative, Challenger selling skills
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Leveraging data/analysis to drive end-user opportunities
- Prioritizing Stakeholder’s needs
- Salesforce usage, process and data accuracy
- Leveraging virtual/video technology knowledge (Zoom, MS Teams, video)
- Practical experience of social selling tools like LinkedIn Navigator and Elevate
- Learning Agility/Flexible learning style
- Customer Focused
- Resilient in face of adversity
- Embraces change and technology
- Passionate to succeed
- Driven to win
- Strive to be a Leader
- Exceptional communication
III. Minimum Requirements:
- 2-5 years outside or inside sales experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CRM system knowledge – SalesForce Lightning, and pipeline management
- Experience in Digital, virtual and/or social selling platforms
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to David Townliand at email@example.com
Grow with an Internship at Ekso
We offer seasonal internships in a range of applications, from engineering to marketing. Follow up on social media and check back here to see what roles we are seeking.