There are many challenges facing the industrial worker, from fatigue to heat exposure to repetitive motion.
To address those concerns, we have created EVO, the result of three years of intense testing, research and market feedback. Making improvements to the design, manufacturing, and ergonomics, EVO was designed to deliver an exceptional user experience for workers of all trades and sizes.
EVO is the next evolution of EksoVest, a durable, naturally-tracking, and assistive exoskeleton vest. EVO is an endurance-boosting assistive upper body exoskeleton designed to alleviate the burden of repetitive work, the next generation of industrial exoskeletons by Ekso Bionics, an industry leader in exoskeleton technology for medical and industrial use.
In a nutshell, EVO is a passive, spring-loaded assistive upper-body exoskeleton which helps workers better manage overhead work. Not only does it reduce fatigue and shoulder and back muscle strain, it also reduces or eliminates work-related injuries to the neck, shoulder, and back. With this vest, you get five to 15 pounds of lift assistance in each arm in order to better elevate and alleviate the daily strain on workers across all industries.
On top of our new product, we have also launched a new website to highlight the benefits of EVO. Ekso believes every injury is preventable. Therefore, our mission is to eliminate worker injuries. The best way to do that is to be well equipped in the workplace with the equipment necessary for optimal safety.
Benefits of EVO Vest: Providing Power Without the Pain
Whether you work in construction, manufacturing or food production, safety in everyday work should be a priority. And yes, we aim to reduce worker injuries, but at the same time, we want to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Reduces worker fatigue
- Improves health and endurance
- Full day of wear without any down time
- Boosts productivity
- Elevates worker morale and retention
- Exoskeleton design is more comfortable and cool to wear than a backpack, particularly in hot environments
- Provides full range of motion while providing proper joint alignment
- Adjustable, high-force actuators
- Requires no additional batteries, charging, or electrical power of any kind
- Assistive power can be easily activated and asymmetrically controlled by a toggle switch on each shoulder
- Requires minimal maintenance
- Enhances workmanship and output
- Covered under a limited warranty for one year.
- Includes flexible acquisition model so businesses can easily adopt EVO for their workers with a high ROI
- Less bulky than previous versions
- Effortless extended use, with minimal touch points that keep you cool
- Data backed: quality guaranteed and built around field data
Full Range of Motion
Working in a high-heat, high-intensity environment for many hours at a time with repetitive movements can lead to high incidents of worker injury. To combat that, EVO’s patented stacked-link structure will follow the user’s arm through the full range of motion while at the same time ensuring proper joint alignment. Extreme positions become unrestricted, allowing the user to seamlessly reach directly overhead, across their body, or even into their back pocket for their phone.
Full flexibility is imperative in this kind of work environment. EVO features shoulder support structures that allow for full flexibility of the user’s torso and waist, especially when they have to twist and bend. The result is a completely natural experience, whereby the user’s back is totally free of structure. This allows for unrestricted airflow and leaves plenty of room for a fall harness.
Best part of EVO is that it’s designed to contact the user’s body only where absolutely essential while remaining firmly in place throughout use. What the user gets is a more comfortable and cool experience, especially in hot environments.
Full Day of Wear
With no need for batteries, charging, or electrical power, EVO gives you a full day of wear without any down time. Thanks to its assistive power capabilities, it can be easily activated and asymmetrically controlled via a toggle switch in place on each shoulder. This allows you to take the vest on and off without additional help. In fact, most workers can put their EVO on in less than one minute. As you can see, there are several benefits to the EVO vest as it works to reduce fatigue and muscle and joint pain.